Alan in SW Florida's Note:
Ham, cheese and more combine in a salad version of the classic New Orleans sandwich. Make ahead, because salad should be refrigerated 8 hours or overnight before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g medium pasta shell
- 226.79 g provolone cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 113.39 g salami, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 113.39 g mortadella, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 113.39 g boiled ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 10 large black olives, pitted and sliced (find the jumbo- sized, if you can)
- 10 large pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced (queen olives)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 29.58 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1Muffuletta Salad: Cook shell pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water following package directions until al dente, firm but tender. Drain pasta well; rinse with cold water to stop cooking; drain well again.
- 2Place pasta in a large bowl. Add the diced provolone, salami, mortadella, ham, black and green olives, onion, celery, parsley, thyme and garlic; toss until all ingredients are well combined.
- 3Dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and the hot-pepper sauce in a small bowl until well combined.
- 4Drizzle the dressing over the pasta mixture in the large bowl; toss until all the ingredients are well coated with the dressing. Cover the salad and refrigerate overnight. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.3
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 1315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives