Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
For the bread you can substitute sour dough, ciabatta or focaccia cut horizontally. For one of the best breads I've ever made, see Muffuletta Bread, and it would work well, too.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 113.39 g mortadella or 113.39 g garlic bologna
- 113.39 g salami
- 113.39 g sopressata or 113.39 g prosciutto or 113.39 g shaved ham
- 113.39 g provolone cheese
- jarred giardiniera (to taste or see Giardiniera)
- olive oil
- Cut the French bread into diagonal slices, about 1/2 inch thick each. With the olive oil, brush the inner side of each bread slice.
- Starting on the bottom layer of the bread, layer the provolone. On top of the provolone layer the mortadella, salami and sopressata. Top with a couple of teaspoons giardiniera. Put another layer of cheese on the second slice of bread and close the sandwich.
- Spray a panini pan lightly with cooking spray and cook over medium-low heat, cook until golden brown and cheese is melted. Flip halfway though so that both sides have grill marks. Serve immediately.