Recipe by PulpSeattle
A delicious, grilled version of the classic New Orleans sandwich. If you can't find prepared olive salad then try to use a chunky style olive tapenade.
- softened butter
- 8 slices rustic bread or 8 slices sourdough bread
- 16 slices provolone cheese (thin slices) or 16 slices mozzarella cheese (thin slices)
- 1⁄2 cup olive salad, drained or 1⁄2 cup olive tapenade
- 6 ounces thinly sliced black forest ham
- 6 ounces sliced mortadella
- 4 ounces sliced genoa salami
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush both sides of bread lightly with butter.
- Layer 4 slices cheese over four of the slices of bread.
- Top with olive salad, ham, mortadella, salami, remaining cheese and bread.
- Cook sandwiches in a preheated panini press until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Note: Sandwiches may be cooked in a preheated ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn; replace skillet and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.