1/4 Photos of Muffuletta Meatballs
The flavors of these tasty meatballs are based on those of the famous New Orleans muffuletta sandwich! From "The Meatball Cookbook Bible"....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/4 lb ham
- 1/2 lb salami (Genoa or hard salami)
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- vegetable cooking spray
- salt and cayenne pepper
- 1Tear the bread into small pieces. Finely chop the ham, salami, olives, and garlic.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Combine the egg and milk in a large mixing bowl. Add bread, ham, salami, olives, cheese, garlic, parsley, vinegar, and oregano and mix well.
- 4Add the pork to the mixing bowl and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Mix very well.
- 5Shape meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the meatballs with vegetable oil spray.
- 6Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.3
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 179.5 mg
- Sodium 1319.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives
white wine vinegar