Cherry Tart's Note:
A New Orleans sandwich made with Italian bread, cold cuts, cheese and olive salad. Serve at room temperature with a root beer. This is the All Star Sandwich Bar version, as seen in the Roadfood Sandwiches cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large round loaf Italian bread
- 5 -6 ounces thinly sliced genoa salami
- 5 -6 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 5 -6 ounces mortadella
- 5 -6 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrot
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Prepare olive salad 12 hours in advance: Mix olives, celery, carrot, garlic, oregano, pepper, olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Cover and let sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- 2Horizontally slice the bread. Scoop out half of the insides (top and bottom).
- 3Place the provolone between layers of cold cuts on the bottom slice of bread.
- 4Scoop olive salad (amount to taste) into the top slice of bread.
- 5Place the slices of bread together.
- 6Cut sandwich in 4.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2064.9
- Calories from Fat 1234
- Total Fat 137.1 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 197.7 mg
- Sodium 6265.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 81.7 g