Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Copy Kat Chat message board. Note: You can use shredded cheeses.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 loaf long Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread, slice horizontally
- 1⁄2 lb sliced turkey
- 1⁄2 lb sliced ham
- 1⁄4 lb sliced salami or 1⁄4 lb pepperoni
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mozzarella cheese (pick 2) or 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese (pick 2) or 1⁄2 lb monterey jack pepper cheese (pick 2) or 1⁄2 lb American cheese (pick 2)
- sliced black olives, drained
- roasted red pepper, drained & blotted and sliced
- chopped onion
- shredded lettuce
- Combine the following:.
- Lemon juice, tarragon vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, black pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil; set aside.
- Mix - mayo, and yellow mustard plus 2 T. above mixture; (mix together in a separate small bowl).
- Slice bread (scoop out a bit of bread on one side) & brush one side with top mixture, the other side with the mayo mixture.
- Layer ingredients turkey, ham, salami, cheeses, black olives, roasted red peppers, onion, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Wrap tightly with Saran Wrap and then aluminum foil.
- Place in fridge a good 24 hours before slicing. Electric knife works best.
- * Sliced jalapenos and/or pepper rings are great on this as well.
- Pic -.