Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A really good Sports Sandwich. Serve with potato or pasta salad, chips and kosher pickles.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmarinated mixed vegetables, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 loaf bread (round loaf)
- 3 ounces lean baked ham, sliced thin
- 3 ounces turkey breast, sliced thin
- Combine mixed veg, artichokes and olives in a bowl-set aside.
- Add oil, garlic and oregano together-whisk for a minute.
- Cut loaf in half crosswise.
- Pull out some bread from both sides.
- Brush insides with the oil mixture.
- On the bottom half add half the veg mixture.
- Cover with ham and turkey.
- Top with remaining veg mixture.
- Top with bread top.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 6 wedges.