Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are absolutely the best muffins ever.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mix together the oil, egg, sugar and milk.
- Add to the dry mixture stirring until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- Once muffins have cooled a little, dip the tops of the muffins into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Set on a tray and allow to cool.
My kids went to town on these muffins! All 12 were consumed at breakfast. I loved how easy they were to make. I did bake these the night before and in the morning dipped them in the melted butter and cinnamon/sugar topping. We will be having these again since they were so easy and good.
this recipe is fantastic and sooo tasty, best muffin recipe i have tried on here. was unsure as to what flour to use self raising or plain and only had self raising, , worked really well though they rose and were sooo soft too, i mucked up the topping as did not read it properly and melted everything together but still tasted brilliant....will deffo make again as was very easy, might even do the topping properly next time......only managed to get 8 muffins out which were a good size so if you do want more than 8 i would suggest multiplying the recipe to suit your needs
These are pretty tasty and WAY easier than making homemade doughnuts. The amount of butter and cinnamon and sugar for the topping is WAY too much. I think half and you would still have some left over. My kids loved them and I am sure they will get made often!