Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly Brunches & Lunches cookbook. This recipe doesn’t freeze well, and is best made just before serving.
Top Review by loof
What a great, tasty, easy recipe! I had some whole-grain buns on hand so used those instead of the english muffin. The mustard was really great with the spinach and the egg topped it perfectly (I used recipe #356778 to make the eggs). I think a couple of sliced mushrooms added to the spinach would be great too. Dinner on the table in minutes with ingredients I always have on hand - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
- 20 g butter
- 1 bunch english spinach (about 650g)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 English muffins
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium pan, heat butter. Add spinach, cook, stirring, until just wilted; drain liquid from pan.
- To pan, add cream, mustard and parsley, stirring over heat until combined.
- Split muffins in half and toast.
- Poach eggs until cooked as desired.
- Top each muffin half with some of the spinach mixture and an egg, sprinkling with paprika.