Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make plain or add fruit. Batter should be lumpy for best muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven 375, use paper muffin cups or grease pan.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl, form a well in center.
- Mix oil, water and eggs together and then pout into the well.
- Stir just until flour is moistened. Add fruit in using.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
These were great. My three year old, who is dairy free, helped make them! the only adaptation was the addition of 1/2 tspn of vanilla essence. For oil, I used half coconut oil, half virgin olive oil. I loved the fact that they were not too sweet. Lovely and moist too :)
I am giving it 5 Stars for FIVE reasons (1) I am so impressed that a muffin using water could turn out so well (2) Such Simple ingredients that I always have on hand (3) NO Dairy, thank you! (4) These even had DH's approval (5) Easy to make. ***I have to mention --- if you like a traditionally sweet muffin you will need to double the sugar, or, do what we did, eat them with a sweet spread. We used a mix of coconut oil and honey. YUM
I love this recipe! I needed to make dairy free muffins for myself because dairy causes bad indigestion me. I love how its not too sweet. I did add one tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of chopped walnut to add to texture and taste.