Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Infant Welfare Society of Chicago put together a fantastic cookbook! It's as fantastic as the ladies and the work they do. In their honor I would like to share some of their recipes with all of you.
- Preheat your oven to 425* Grease the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir in the flour, zucchini, tomato, onion, salt, and dill weed together.
- Blend egg, water, Tabasco sauce and oil.
- Add this to your flour mixture.
- Stir all until well blended.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min.
- or until golden brown.
I tagged this for the Healthy Choices Game so I "doctored" this recipe slightly. I used a mixture of whole wheat, oat and all purpose flours...applesauce instead of oil...and because I did not have dried onion I substituted diced scallions. With the zucchini I ended up grating 1/2 a cup and throwing in 1/2 cup of chopped as well. I taste test batter as I go and when the time came to add hot sauce I decided to measure it in teaspoons (???) and used a verde (I have about a half dozen different hot sauces in my "collection" at the moment)...At the tail end I added about 1/2 table spoon of Splenda to the batter to sweeten it up a bit more. Mine baked in 25 minutes and were lovely with salad as a lightish Summer dinner. Great versatile recipe that celebrates the lovely garden veggies of tomato and zucchini thriving here in NJ right now! - Thanks glitter.