Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Preheat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and oil (vanilla and walnuts if desired). Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until it is a streusel consistency. Sprinkle topping over muffins. 4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
I updated my 4 stars to 5 b/c we ate these in no time flat! My oven cooks hotter on one side, so 1/2 were moist and 1/2 were dryer. I really recommend you don't over bake them. They were really good. I only had 1 ripe banana, but that was enough to give it a very nice banana flavor. I also added 1/2 c. vanilla yogurt. They were good with a bowl of soup. Recommend the name be changed to Banana Streusel Muffins.