Top Review by QueenBee49444
Fast, easy, delicious. Made this recipe with 1/2 cup blueberries. The muffins are light, and slightly sweet. The flavor of the muffin does not overpower the blueberry taste. I used a smaller muffin pan, filled them 2/3 full but only yielded 9 muffins - 9 delicious mouthwatering muffins. Thanks for posting, I will be using this recipe again trying other variations. Made for My 3 Chefs
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sugar into mix.
- Beat egg & water together.
- Stir into mix.
- Beat about 15 strokes (mixture will be a bit lumpy--this is okay!).
- Grease muffin cups.
- Fill cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes.
- VARIATIONS: NOTE: Some additional sugar may be added without harming the recipe, if you like sweeter muffins.
- To the basic recipe given above, these variations will give you a variety of options. Add, at any point in the recipe, and cook per above instructions.
- APPLE MUFFINS: Add 3/4 cup finely diced, peeled apples, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. Increase sugar to 3 tablespoons.
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS: Add 1/2 cup canned, drained blueberries, or 1/2 cup fresh to batter.
- RASPBERRY MUFFINS: Add 1/2 cup fresh berries to batter. Increase sugar to 3 rounded Tablespoons, or a bit more if you like sweeter muffins.
- BANANA MUFFINS: Add 1/2 cup mashed banana, and 1/4 Celsius chopped nuts.
- CORN MUFFINS: Reduce water to 1/2 cup. Add 1/2 cup cream style corn to egg & water.
- DRIED FRUIT MUFFINS: Add 3/4 cup cooked, finely chopped dried fruit (apricots, peaches, raisins, dates, prunes, etc.) to batter.