Recipe by Gerry
When baking your favorite muffins a sprinkling of one of these simple to make toppings makes for a nice touch. Well worth the few extra minutes it takes to prepare. If you only sprinkle half it will appear that you have made up two kinds of muffins...adding variety to your serving tray.
Top Review by Pneuma
So convenient! Made the streusal and sugar cinnamon topping for the muffin I had. Would definitely try it again since it's so easy and yet so good! Next time I'll try it with walnuts too. Thanks, Gerry!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I like using brown..but white works too)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
SUGAR AND CINNAMON TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- NUT TOPPING.
- IN BOWL: Add and mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, sprinkle on muffins just before putting muffins in to bake.
- STREUSEL TOPPING.
- IN BOWL: add and mix together 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons butter, sprinkle on muffins just before baking.
- SUGAR AND CINNAMON TOPPING.
- IN SMALL BOWL: add and mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle on top of muffins before putting muffins in the oven to bake.