Adapted from a Mr Food recipe. This is one time when nonstick spray just won't do the trick-grease your tins very well using shortening, oil, or butter or the muffins will stick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 F.
- 2Mix all ingredients together in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- 3Beat on low speed just until smooth (don't overmix).
- 4Set a very well greased muffin pan into the preheated oven for 3 minutes or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped into the tin.
- 5Once pan is preheated, ladle batter into the tins two-thirds full each.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes, then LOWER the heat to 350 F and bake another 18-20 minutes.
- 7Turn off the heat.
- 8Using a knife tip, poke a small hole in the top of each popover to releases the steam.
- 9Leave the popovers in the oven another 5 minutes to crisp up.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffin Tin Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 70.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g