Recipe by Chef Dudo
Some weeks ago Chia helped me with suggestions of how to make smaller sized kugels. And lo and behold, while browsing on the net I found this recipe. Tweaked it a bit to my liking and immediately tried it. Such a good idea to use muffin tins. Besides Passover, matzohmeal can of course be substituted for flour. Thanks Chia for the initial suggestions.
Top Review by Ravedeb
I made this for our Passover Seder and the only thing I did differently was to make it in a casserole dish, not individual muffins. I baked it at 375 for 1/2 hour. Everyone LOVED it! Thanks very much Chef Dudo!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, cooked and well drained
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2⁄3 cup matzo meal
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 12 muffin tins or ramekins.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots and peppers 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Place drained spinach in a bowl.
- Add eggs, sauteed vegetables and matzoh meal.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into prepared tins.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.