Recipe by Jenny Frenny
I have come up with a homemade version of the pizza rolls at a local pizza restaurant. They can be filled with what ever toppings you enjoy. I used Easy Peezy Pizza Dough (Bread Machine Pizza Dough) in my bread machine and Homemade Pizza Sauce with great results my kids loved. ***Update: Having made this recipe several more times, I have found that I get better results baking the muffins with the sauce for 10 to15 minutes before adding the cheese. This eliminates the having to cover with foil to keep the cheese from over browning. I have changed the recipe below.
Top Review by prestliz
Kids loved it for after school snack last week and have been requesting it again this week. I made 24 and wrapped them in foil before I picked the kids up from school. I have some picky eaters and kids aged 2 to 11 emjoyed them.
- 1 large pizza dough
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups other pizza toppings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 1 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. (Have another 6-cup muffin tin available. You may have enough dough to make a few more muffins.).
- Pinch off a ball of dough slightly larger than a golf ball and flatten in the palm of your hand. Press into a muffin cup. Continue until all dough is used. The pizza dough will not stay up the sides of the cups, this is okay.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of sauce into each dough cup. Use the spoon to press downward into the dough to make a cup.
- Add other toppings to each roll. (Hold off adding the cheese for now).
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes before adding cheese.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of cheese on top of sauce and any other toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes more. Lift one roll out of cup gently to check bottom to make sure it is baked through the bottom.