Chris Reynolds's Note:
Here's a basic muffin recipe that will make 8 different types of muffins with the addition of a few ingredients. This recipe is from Parade magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with paper liners.
- 2In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla for 1 minute on medium. Add the flour mixture and beat just until no streaks of flour remain -- do NOT overmix!
- 3Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops of muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool slightly.
- 4CINNAMON SUGAR MUFFINS: Sprinkle muffin tops with a mixture of 3 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon before baking.
- 5BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS: Stir 1 C blueberries into batter. Before baking top muffins with streusel: Combine 1/4 C flour, 1/4 C brown sugar, and 2 tbsp cold cubed butter.
- 6OATMEAL RAISIN MUFFINS: Stir 1 C raisins into batter and sprinkle muffin tops with rolled oats.
- 7RASPBERRY ALMOND MUFFINS: Fill muffin cups a third of the way with batter, then spoon 1 tsp seedless raspberry jam onto each. Top with more batter and sprinkle with slivered almonds before baking.
- 8BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS: Stir 1 mashed banana and 1/2 C chocolate chips into batter, then bake.
- 9LEMON POPPYSEED MUFFINS: Substitute 1 tsp lemon extract for the vanilla and add 2 tbsp poppy seeds to the batter, then bake.
- 10APPLE PIE MUFFINS: Mix in 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 nutmeg, and 1/2 to 1 C chopped apple into the batter, then bake.
- 11PINEAPPLE COCONUT MUFFINS: Stir 1/2 C shredded coconut and 1/2 C drained, chopped, canned pineapple into batter. Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tsp coconut before baking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffin Mania
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g