Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A spinach and ricotta muffin - tasty! Posted by request.
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- salsa, for garnish when serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to oven to 375 degrees F; lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl, combine the thawed and drained spinach, ricotta, sour cream, Parmesan, and cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then add in the milk, hot sauce, cumin, black pepper, lemon pepper, and parsley and whisk together well.
- Stir the egg mixture into the spinach and cheese mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour or spoon the batter into each cup of the buttered muffin tin, then bake in 375 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes, then turn out the muffins from the tin and serve warm with salsa as a garnish/condiment.
Really good! Nice with feta cheese, too.