The original recipe for this nutritious breakfast cereal was developed more than a century ago, by Dr. Bircher-Benner at his clinic in Zurich. The technique of soaking the cereal, here using milk, makes the muesli easier to eat and digest. Time does not include overnight soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the oats and sultanas in a large bowl and add the milk.
- 2Stir to mix evenly, then cover and place in the refrigerator.
- 3Leave to soak overnight.
- 4The following day, just before eating, grate the apple, discarding the core. Toss the apple in the lemon juice to prevent the apple from browning.
- 5Stir the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds into the oat mixture, then stir in the grated apple and strawberries.
- 6To serve, divide the muesli among 4 cereal bowls, and top each with a spoonful of yogourt and honey.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muesli With Strawberries and Hazelnuts
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g