Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This healthy, nutritious breakfast recipe comes from Alice Hart's wonderful cookbook "Mon premier dîner végétarien". It is easy to make and also very easily adapted to your family's taste. Note: This needs to soak overnight, so plan accordingly.
- 2 firm pears, cored and grated
- 120 g oats
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds (I used sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (divided)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 100 ml apple juice
- 100 ml milk or 100 ml water
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- In a big bowl combine grated pears, oats, mixed seeds, 1 tbs of the walnuts, syrup/honey, apple juice and milk/water. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning divide between two bowls and add 1 tbs of yogurt to each bowl, then top with reamining walnuts. Serve and enjoy!
Tastes good and oh so healthy! I used locally grown red skinned pears and local wildflower honey. The seeds were a mixture of brown flax, golden flax and sesame seeds. Oregon-grown hazelnuts replaced walnuts. A sprinkle of cinnamon was the final touch. Be sure to cover the cereal before placing in the refrigerator or the muesli will take on other food odors! Also, I didn't think about the pears turning brown either. Maybe add a couple drops of lemon juice to the sliced pears to avoid browning...? Reviewed for Veg Tag/October.