Recipe by Tess
From Miranda Sharp in "The Age" Epicure. Very easy to make and makes a large quantity. Good for school lunches and can be frozen.
- 250 g butter
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 250 g rolled oats
- 125 g corn flakes
- 175 g shredded coconut (or dessicated)
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150 g chopped dried fruit, mixture of your choice or 150 g sultanas
- 150 g chopped nuts, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil.
- Combine other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour in melted butter mixture and combine well.
- Press firmly into 26 x 32cm baking tray lined with non stick baking paper. (I use a potato masher to press the mixture).
- Bake for about an hour at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Allow to cool a little before cutting into pieces.