Recipe by WaterMelon
I want to try this soon; sounds like a great on-the-go breakfast or healthy snack. I might replace half of the oil with unsweetened applesauce. From Australian Women's Weekly magazine. (yield is an estimate)
- 3 cups unsweetened muesli (granola)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g strawberries (if using strawberries, chop into small chunks) or 150 g blueberries (if using strawberries, chop into small chunks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease and line a 25 x 15cm slice pan (10" x 6").
- Place muesli, brown sugar, flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix together bananas, oil, honey and eggs. Mix the wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir through the berries.
- Scrape the batter into prepared tin, Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely in pan and cut into squares.