Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cook's Illustrated was on a quest to make a light multigrain pancake and ground muesli is the key ingredient.
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened muesli, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened muesli (Familia or Alpen brands)
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil, plus
- butter, combo for pan
- Whisk lemon juice and milk together and set aside.
- Process 1 1/4 cups muesli in food processor til finely ground (about 2 min.)and transfer to large bowl.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons unground muesli plus the remaining dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients and pour over dry, gently stirring together (don't overmix-a few dry flour streaks should remain).
- Pre-heat (medium-low) 12 inch skillet for five minutes and add a touch of oil and a tablespoon butter to melt. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter.Cook until bubbles form and flip.