Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
Cook's Illustrated was on a quest to make a light multigrain pancake and ground muesli is the key ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened muesli, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened muesli (Familia or Alpen brands)
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- vegetable oil, plus
- butter, combo for pan
- 1Whisk lemon juice and milk together and set aside.
- 2Process 1 1/4 cups muesli in food processor til finely ground (about 2 min.)and transfer to large bowl.
- 3Add remaining 3 tablespoons unground muesli plus the remaining dry ingredients.
- 4Whisk together wet ingredients and pour over dry, gently stirring together (don't overmix-a few dry flour streaks should remain).
- 5Pre-heat (medium-low) 12 inch skillet for five minutes and add a touch of oil and a tablespoon butter to melt. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter.Cook until bubbles form and flip.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muesli Multigrain Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 811.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 14.6 g