Recipe by recipe czarina
Really light and delicious, healthy muffins. Recipe from Foodtown Magazine.
- 2 cups rolled oats, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple, unpeeled, grated
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C Line 12 cup muffin pans.
- Place oats in a large bowl with the milk and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Sift over the flour and add the remaining ingredients, stirring to just combine.
- Divide the mixture amoung the prepared pans and scatter with a little extra muesli.
- Bake for 20 - 25 min until the muffins are firm and golden. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan to a wire rack.