Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are very tasty and healthy cookies, which can be made in no time. They have great potential for variation since you can use whatever mix of seeds and nuts you prefer and choose a sweetener (honey, agave nectar) of your liking. I think they are a great healthy snack!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used a creamy one)
- 200 g mixed seeds, and kernels (I used sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 50 g raisins (optional, but I would include them)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and drop by teaspoons on a paper-lined baking sheet leaving some space between the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until nicely browned.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet. If you want to store them keep them in an airtight container in a dry place.
Easy, wonderful snack! I used dried cranberries, pistachios, almonds, cashews, and pumpkin seeds, and I can certainly see the endless variations this allows for! Like a previous reviewer, I used my Silpat and found them easy to remove. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 24
Good, healthy snack! I used 1 1/2 cups of seeds/nuts, using a combination of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and slivered almonds (all were unsalted). I used 1/2 c. raisins. I used brown sugar for the sugar. These would also be good with dried cranberries, cherries, or dates. You could also make a trail mix version and add m&m's. I baked the cookies on my Silpat for easy removal; I allowed to cool completely and had no issues with stickiness. Made for Every Day is a Holiday.
Delicious!!! The only seeds I had on hand were sunflower and sesame, which worked great. I did like having the raisins in there as well. I kind of thought that they might stick to my teeth or, because of all of the seeds, would be messy to eat. Well I was wrong - thankfully! I will make these again for sure. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Lalaloula! :)