Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It is best to use a Muesli for this recipe, prefereably one with 50% mixed cereal grains and 50% fruit, nuts and seeds, such as "Muesli" - Muesli. From The Big Bean Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup (light corn)
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar (demerara)
- 1 1⁄2 cups muesli (granola)
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C/Gas 3. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a large pan and heat gently. Stir constantly until the butter has completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the muesli, flour and cinnamon until well mixed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place large spoonfuls of the mixture, slightly apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, then carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.