Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been making these for years as I find most commercial bars too dry for me. These make a soft, low-fat bar. Store in an air-tight container. (Australian measurements used.)
- Line 18 x 28cm tin with non-stick baking paper and pre-heat oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- Put oats, Weetabix, raisins and apricots in a bowl, and mix.
- In a small saucepan, blend honey and orange juice over medium heat. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Stir honey mixture into oat mix then stir in the egg whites.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Cool in tin. Cut into 14 bars.
These were great. I added cranberries instead of apricots and used a bit of cinnamon (I love cinnamon!).
These are fantastic and keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
These are REALLY good! I used large flake oats and dried cranberries (instead of raisins). I will make these again and again. Thanks for posting!