Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a packet a sultanas. I plan on trying them soon!
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, oat bran, bran, sunflower kernals, flour, apricots, and sultanas.
- Melt the butter, honey and brown sugar in the microwave for 1 minute and add to the dry ingredients. Stir in the egg and milk until well combined.
- Press into a greased and lined lamington tin and bake for 15-20 minutes in a moderate oven. Cut into slices when cooled.
Wonderfully easy to do and everything was in the pantry bar the sunflower seeds so I had to leave them out but the slice was/is delicious.
Amazing easy and quick!
I can imagine this as ideal snack for trecking or during school breack!
As this is full of raw materials, this is a source of energy that lasts for longer time.
Thanks a lot for this tip! Done for ZWT7
Reviewed for ZWT7- very straightforward to make and enjoyed by my husband and faughters (none for me though on my gluten-free diet). I couldn't find All Bran at the supermarket today, so used rice bran cereal instead. I'm guessing any bran type cereal could be used in this yummy slice. Photo also to be posted