Recipe by jeankenn
Found this in "Living the G.I. Diet" It's a great change from cooked porridge and more satisfying. I prefer it warmed in the microwave in the morning.
- 473.18 ml large flaked oatmeal
- 177.44 ml oat bran
- 177.44 ml sliced almonds or 177.44 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml shelled unsalted sunflower seeds
- 29.58 ml wheat germ
- 2.46-9.85 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
- Crush with a rolling pin into coarse crumbs, no need to be to fussy here.
- Shake to blend: store in bag or other airtight container at room temperature.
- To serve: at night place 1/3 cup mixture with 1/3 cup milk (I use skim) in frig.
- At this point, I also add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, too. Read on and use your imagination.
- In the morning stir in 1/3 cup of preferred yogurt. I warm in the microwave 1 1/2 - 2 minutes before adding the yogurt.