Recipe by Orea
This rich dish is a family favorite for special occasions. These can be made ahead and frozen for convenience.
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 cup muenster cheese, coarsely grated and firmly packed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the potatoes and bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool just enough so that you can handle them without injury. Cut them in half lengthwise and scoop them out, reserving the shells.
- Place potato insides into a bowl and mash or press through a ricer. While still hot, mix in the Muenster cheese, garlic and 8 tablespoons (1 stick) melted butter.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring briskly, until the potatoes are light and fluffy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture back into the potato shells. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and sprinkle mixture over the tops of the potatoes.
- Refrigerate or freeze if desired. To serve, allow them to come to room temperature, then bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.