Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Muenster cheese and it's fabulous in this dish!
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices muenster cheese, halved
- In a skillet coated with nonstick spray, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Stir in wine; cook 3-4 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk. Place bread crumbs on a plate.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumbs.
- Combine the parsley, salt, garlic powder, thyme and pepper; sprinkle on chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tsp butter, 6-7 minutes each side, until juices run clear.
- Pleace chicken on broiler pan; top with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with mushroom mixture.
This is a fabulous dish! The only changes I made were; adding 1/4 cup chicken broth in ADDITION to marsala wine, and instead of sprinkling spices on chicken after breading, I mixed the spices right into the breading so it was altogether. Wonderful, wonderful dish!!
We didn't find this dish flavorful enough for our taste
Yum! I left out the butter and oil and it still turned out great. Thanks!