Add a side salad and the meal's complete.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning, divided
- 9.85 ml oregano, divided
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 473.18-709.77 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml marsala (sweet)
- 453.59 g mushrooms, sliced
- 170.09-226.79 g muenster cheese, sliced
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1Cube chicken breasts into about one inch pieces (nugget sized).
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper. Add chicken pieces to egg mixture and set aside.
- 3In another bowl, combine 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, freshly ground pepper and Panko.
- 4Remove a few chicken pieces at a time from the egg mixture (allowing excess to drain off) and toss with Panko to coat. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- 5Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. (Coat the bottom of the pan.)
- 6In about three batches, brown the chicken pieces on both sides. They do not have to be cooked through, just browned. Make sure you do it in batches (adding oil as needed) and don’t crowd the pan so they will get a nice brown crust. As they are done, place the chicken pieces in a 9 inch by 13 inch glass baking dish.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wipe out saute pan and heat a bit more olive oil. Saute the sliced mushrooms.
- 8Mix broth and Marsala together and pour over browned chicken pieces. Top with sauteed mushrooms and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place Muenster Cheese slices over top chicken and mushrooms and bake for 10 more minutes until done and bubbly. You can broil it for a bit at the end if you like the cheese browner.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muenster Chicken With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.0
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 192.9 mg
- Sodium 1069.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: