1/1 Photo of Mueller's Quick "no Boil" Cheesy Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
New Mom Kate's Note:
This recipe came from the back of a Mueller's noodles box. I love it because it is both delicious and quick! No need to boil the lasagne noodles. Just layer the lasagne and pop it in the oven! You can save even more time by using prepared sauce (see tip at bottom of recipe). This lasagne can be made with or without meat. You can also add more vegetables to boost the healthy quotient!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (optional) or 1/2 lb turkey sausage, with casing removed (optional)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mueller's lasagna noodles, uncooked (9-10 noodles)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (I always use closer to 4 cups)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1In large skillet over medium-high heat cook meat, stirring, until lightly browned.
- 2Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, tomato juice and basil.
- 4Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, salt and pepper.
- 6Spoon 1-1/2 cups sauce into 13x9x2" baking dish.
- 7Top with half the uncooked lasagne, all the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1-1/2 cups sauce, then remaining lasagne.
- 8Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 9Cover tightly with foil.
- 10Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 11Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 12Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 13TO USE PREPARED SAUCE: In steps 2 and 3, omit onion, garlic, tomato sauce and basil. Add 1 (30 ounces) jar prepared spaghetti sauce with the mushrooms and tomato juice to browned meat. Complete as directed.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mueller's Quick "no Boil" Cheesy Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.8 mg
- Sodium 1617.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 31.6 g