I got this recipe off a box of Mueller's brand elbow macaroni. It is a little time consuming but well worth the effort. It is my favorite macaroni and cheese recipe. I was hesitant to add it to 'zaar because there are already so many mac and cheese recipes but it's really, really good. I hope you try it and like it as much as I do.
- Combine corn starch, salt, dry mustard and pepper in a medium saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Add margarine. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 1 minute. It's very important that you stir constantly so as not to burn, do not skip this step!
- After the mixture has boiled for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cheese for topping.
- Stir in remaining cheese until melted.
- Add elbow macaroni noodles to cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Turn into greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.