1/7 Photos of Mueller's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Northern Cook's Note:
I got this recipe off a box of Mueller's brand elbow macaroni. It is a little time consuming but well worth the effort. It is my favorite macaroni and cheese recipe. I was hesitant to add it to 'zaar because there are already so many mac and cheese recipes but it's really, really good. I hope you try it and like it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine corn starch, salt, dry mustard and pepper in a medium saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Add margarine. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 1 minute. It's very important that you stir constantly so as not to burn, do not skip this step!
- 2After the mixture has boiled for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- 3Reserve 1/4 cup cheese for topping.
- 4Stir in remaining cheese until melted.
- 5Add elbow macaroni noodles to cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- 6Turn into greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- 7Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mueller's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 719.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g