Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a healthier version of Mudslide cookies. They are moist on the inside and cracked on top.
Make and share this Mudslide Cookies-Lightened Up! recipe from Food.com.
- 22.18 ml butter
- 56.69 g bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml instant coffee granules
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 591.47 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place butter, bittersweet chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate into a micro-safe bowl. Micro at High 1 minute or until chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Combine coffee granules and 1 tablespoon hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- Stir coffee and vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt stirring well.
- Combine sugar, egg substitute and eggs in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 6 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Gently stir 1/4 of egg mixture into chocolate mixture; stir chocolate mixture into remaining egg mixture.
- Stir in the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared pans. With a moist hand, gently press dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool 1 minute then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Great cookies! I used instant espresso and my kids couldn't even taste the coffee flavor, so you could definately put a little more in if you want to give them a stronger coffee flavor. I would check the cookies at 12 minutes though, you really want to keep them chewy. I used these to make homemade ice cream sandwiches with coffee flavored ice cream and they were perfect!