out of here's Note:
This is a healthier version of Mudslide cookies. They are moist on the inside and cracked on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Place butter, bittersweet chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate into a micro-safe bowl. Micro at High 1 minute or until chocolate is almost melted.
- 3Stir until smooth.
- 4Combine coffee granules and 1 tablespoon hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- 5Stir coffee and vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- 6Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
- 7Combine flour, baking powder and salt stirring well.
- 8Combine sugar, egg substitute and eggs in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 6 minutes or until thick and pale.
- 9Gently stir 1/4 of egg mixture into chocolate mixture; stir chocolate mixture into remaining egg mixture.
- 10Stir in the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- 11Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 12Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared pans. With a moist hand, gently press dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- 13Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool 1 minute then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mudslide Cookies-Lightened Up!
Serving Size: 1 (1161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 51.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g