Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A grown up brownie. Nice addition to a holiday dessert buffet.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- whole coffee beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water; stir until both are melted and combined then set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk the eggs with the sugar until frothy and a pale yellow color.
- Add in the dry ingredients, melted chocolate mixture, liquers and vodka and combine; fold in the nuts if you are using them.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9 inch pan and bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies in the pan.
- Prepare the Kahlua Glaze by whisking the powdered sugar and 3 Tbsp Kahlua in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cool brownies while still in the pan.
- Garnish with the coffee beans, if desired.
- Cut into squares and serve.