Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Modified recipe from the box of Crispix cereal. I can't go visit my nieces and nephews without bringing Muddy Buddies with me.
- 9 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar (won't need it all)
- Measure out the Crispix cereal in a very large bowl (one in which you can toss the cereal to evenly coat with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture).
- Melt the chocolate chips in either a double boiler or the microwave.
- Add the peanut butter; stir well.
- Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the Crispix cereal.
- Toss the cereal with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Using a gallon size freezer bag, put about 1/3 of the box of confectioners sugar in the bottom.
- Add half the cereal mixture and toss in the bag until evenly coated with confectioner's sugar.
- Add the remainder of the cereal and top with another 1/3 of the box of confectioners sugar.
- Toss until all the cereal is white in color (for the most part); add more confectioners sugar as needed.
Thank you thank you so much, I have been looking everywhere for this recipe, I can remember a friend of mine making them yrs ago and i've been searching everywhere the for the recipe!!! I can't wait to try it!!!!
Perfect. I've been thinking about how we had these years and years ago when I worked at a summer camp and have only now gotten around to finding the proportions. Mmm mmm mmm!!! Thanks for the memories! Our house church will love this!
I've made this recipe(although a little different) for years and it is always a huge hit. My recipe is just a smaller version, which is great because I don't want to make too much-we might feel obligated to eat it all. :-) Whenever I buy my DH some of his favorite cereal, Crispix, I always reserve the right to use half of it to make puppy chow, which is what we call this. Thanks for posting it this way, I've seen lots that use butter but I like it better this way.