Recipe by Caryn
Modified recipe from the box of Crispix cereal. I can't go visit my nieces and nephews without bringing Muddy Buddies with me.
Top Review by Missy Snyder
Thank you thank you so much, I have been looking everywhere for this recipe, I can remember a friend of mine making them yrs ago and i've been searching everywhere the for the recipe!!! I can't wait to try it!!!!
- 9 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar (won't need it all)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out the Crispix cereal in a very large bowl (one in which you can toss the cereal to evenly coat with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture).
- Melt the chocolate chips in either a double boiler or the microwave.
- Add the peanut butter; stir well.
- Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the Crispix cereal.
- Toss the cereal with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Using a gallon size freezer bag, put about 1/3 of the box of confectioners sugar in the bottom.
- Add half the cereal mixture and toss in the bag until evenly coated with confectioner's sugar.
- Add the remainder of the cereal and top with another 1/3 of the box of confectioners sugar.
- Toss until all the cereal is white in color (for the most part); add more confectioners sugar as needed.