Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make these occasionally when I really want a chocolate fix. A few people on the site have requested that I post this.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 cup of butter. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa until smooth, then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the white sugar, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in the flour, then fold in chocolate/peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool in pan.
Loved this, for those of you having problems, try freezing the marshmallows first and taking them out of freezer and dump them directly in.( no counter time so they can defrost.
Really good brownies that hold over well too. I add a lot more marshmallows than the recipe calls for, to spread the love to the rest of the brownies. Somehow I can never get the marshmallows to stay though, as in the picture, they always melt away leaving an empty hollowed out area where they were. This is sad as I love the texture of marshmallows... any ideas on how to solve this?
Followed the directions exactly and although the kids ate them up mine did not look like the picture and turned out a rather dense brownie with a smooth top. Actually they were flat and did not have the chunky looking top as the photo. I will play with it more maybe topping them with extra marshmellows and chips. I hope others try them I could be doing something wrong. I want the brownie in the picture.