Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good and easy to make.
Make and share this Muddled-herb Red Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, washed,quartered
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced,to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes 10 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, add remaining ingredients, and coarsely mash to"muddle" or bruise, the herbs to release their flavors, Serve.
Yum! I loved the technique with these - just mash the potatoes with the olive oil and spices in a big bowl and serve. Easy and very delicious. For spices, I used fresh basil and fresh rosemary, plus a little dried thyme. These went beautifully with pot roast. I will certainly make these again!
Loved the combination of herbs and garlic in this recipe. Served it as a side dish with my Marinated Lemon, Thyme and Garlic Lamb Chops. Made for a great dinner. No need to tell you that I love your recipes, Barb. Keep them coming and thanks for posting.