Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Mudbugs, or crayfish were plentiful in Louisiana. They are fixed in a multitude of ways, but etouffe(e) and boiled with potatoes and corn on the cob were the best!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cups crayfish (rivier kreeftjes)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce (tabasco, salt, pepper to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onion garlic and peppers.
- Simmer for 15 minutes then add puree and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add green onion, parsley, celery and crayfish.
- Cook 15-20 minutes longer, stirring to keep from sticking.
- Let stand 30 minutes to blend seasonings, and serve over hot rice.