Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
WARNING: This is not your typical mud! This tart is made with a special type of mud: delicious Nutella combined with everything light and fluffy for the ideal summertime treat. This creamy filling is topped with a colorful ensemble of fruit - kiwi, strawberry, blackberry, and blueberry - that is sure to wow your guests. And you'll love how simple it is to make! The hardest part is the wait: allow 5-6 hours chill time.
- 1 pre-baked pie crust, fitted into a tart pan
- 1⁄4 cup nutella
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 0.5 (11 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 -4 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- Cream together Nutella, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Blend in vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.
- Gently fold in marshmallow creme and creme fraiche.
- Pour filling evenly over baked tart crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- Arrange fruit on tart. Try overlapping bits of fruit for added effect. :).
I wanted to make this tart pretty much as written, so scoured a couple of specialty stores & managed to get the berries although they came at a high price! Still, the tart, when finished, was OUTSTANDING, & we thoroughly enjoyed it, 4 of us managing to reduce it to just a few crust crumbs in less than 4 hours! I look forward to making this one again when all the berries are in season! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]
This recipe could really be made with any fruit you have on hand but the kiwi and strawberries are so bright and pretty. I whipped my marshmallow creme a bit before folding in because straight out of the jar it was pretty stiff. I used a 9 inch graham crust that was a little too big, but no matter I just piled on the fruit. This would be an easy and beautiful dessert to bring to a summer gathering. I love Susie's idea about using the individual tart shells. I may try that next time. Made for Fall PAC 2009
I was completely unable to imagine any kind of dessert idea using five RSC #14 ingredients. So when you looked at the ingredient list and immediately envisioned this dessert, I was impressed. Admittedly, I was also a bit skeptical as to how the five contest ingredients (Nutella, sweetened condensed milk, marshmallow creme, creme fraiche, and kiwis) would combine. But the creamy marshmallow-chocolate flavored tart filling perfectly complements taste and texture of the colorful summer fruit topping. Not only that, the tart really looks lovely. It is something special, but no more difficult to make than the average pie. Great job on your first original recipe creation!