Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons cocoa
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over oats and butter. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugars and slightly beaten eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to oats mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and nuts over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.