Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
I had this rich dessert at a relatively nice restaurant and loved it. When I asked the waiter to describe it, I knew I could come home and make it. The serving size at the restaurant was so small and expensive. Now, I can fix it for next to nothing and have all I want.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 if using a dark non-stick pan).
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, and eggs with a spoon. Spread in the pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is set. *The top will appear dry and cracked. Cool completely, 1 hour.
- Brush the 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or coffee over the cake.
- Let the ice cream soften for 15 minutes. Spread the ice cream over the cake and freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- In a medium bowl, mix the frosting and the 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or coffee. Spread over the ice cream. Cover and return to the freezer for 1 hour.
This was a pretty darn easy to make my dh accidently got mocha almond fudge ice cream so I used it anyway and it was pretty good actually. I will make this again for special occasions. Thanks for a great one!