Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
The popular restaurant mud slide drink with coffee and chocolate is transformed into an easy freezer dessert
Top Review by Heydarl
I found this recipe on Betty Crocker's website & made it over the weekend. We love Kahlua & especially enjoyed it in this dessert. Would like to try it with brownie mix next time, but just love it. Have to make it again, as the friends I've told about it are all drooling already. Thanks V for posting this keeper.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker supermoist fudge cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) containerwhipped chocolate frosting
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F if using dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, butter and eggs with spoon. Spread in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set (top will appear dry and cracked). Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Brush 2 tablespoons liqueur over cake. Let ice cream stand about 15 minutes at room temperature to soften. Spread ice cream over cake. Freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- In medium bowl, mix frosting and 2 tablespoons liqueur; spread over ice cream. Freeze at least 1 hour.