Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I love these cookies. It's hard to stop eating them so make a double batch. They make impressive gifts as well. If you have any filling left over, you can refrigerate and use it warmed up over ice cream.
Top Review by Cheryl2
This is an excellent cookie recipe. Great for gift giving also. I have made this for a couple of years...only difference is that I don't sprinkle peanuts on the cookies just in case of food allergies that someone may have.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Mix well.
- chill for 1 hour.
- shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place in lightly greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 14-16 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center using a melon baller, pressing lightly.
- Cool in pans for about 5 minutes before removing to wire racks for further cooling.
- For Filling---------------------.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Carefully fill wells in cookies using a spoon or a small pitcher or pastry bag.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.