Karen From Colorado's Note:
I love these cookies. It's hard to stop eating them so make a double batch. They make impressive gifts as well. If you have any filling left over, you can refrigerate and use it warmed up over ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.
- 2Add egg and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- 5Mix well.
- 6chill for 1 hour.
- 7shape into 1 inch balls.
- 8Place in lightly greased mini muffin tins.
- 9Bake in 325 degree oven for 14-16 minutes until lightly browned.
- 10Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center using a melon baller, pressing lightly.
- 11Cool in pans for about 5 minutes before removing to wire racks for further cooling.
- 12For Filling---------------------.
- 13Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- 14Stir in milk and vanilla.
- 15Mix well.
- 16Carefully fill wells in cookies using a spoon or a small pitcher or pastry bag.
- 17Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Nutritional Facts for Mud Puddles
Serving Size: 1 (1432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g