Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another favourite of my mom's baking. Quick and easy and a hit wherever it's made. Freezes well.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Boil together all ingredients for 3 minutes(omitting oats).
- Pour mixture into rolled oats.
- Mix until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper.
- Let set until firm and cool.
My grandmother used to make these all the time! She also used to put coconut into it. It's a delicious cookie. She called them "Mud Dobblers".